Equus Muscle Management (EMM) involves the application of light pressure at particular points that enables the gentle physical release of muscle groups.
EMM allows muscles to regain their flexibility, strength and range of motion; increasing performance and greatly reducing the chance of injury (physical and mental stress).
The technique can be used as an effective adjunct to enhance the treatment value of other types of muscle release and neuro-musculoskeletal therapy, or may be used as an effective therapy on its own.
EMM provides the following benefits:
- Fast relief to overstressed/overworked animals
- Treatments are often 20 to 30 minutes long and the results are often instantaneous
- Treatments are very gentle, relaxing the animal in the process
- Provides improved healing and recovery times for injured animals
- Lower rate of injury for performance animals such as horses
- Results hold as long as the animal is not re-injured
- Provides for injury prevention through increased flexibility